Thursday, July 23, 2009

Vale Craig Wing

Now don't get me wrong here. I've hated Craig Wing for as long as I can remember... since he played for Roosters in the early 00s (and did uni with a mate of mine at UNSW). But to his credit as a man and a rugby league player, this hatred of mine has matured to a grudging respect of his shining abs and supreme fitness, so much so that I changed my Oztips name from Luke Ricketson to Craig Wing in tribute. So it will be with a tinge of sadness that I bid farewell to the Sexiest Man in League...

Which brings me on to the true topic of this thread. How does one judge the sexiest man in league? I posit that all one needs to do is type the name of the player into Google Images, and just by looking at the first five pictures that appear, the sexiest man is he who has the most shirtless pictures. Let's try some examples

Craig Wing



Please note - surprisingly this picture was not in the top 5...



Matt Cooper



David Williams



But the winner is... Luke O'Donnell (for appearing shirtless and pantless). I also applaud him for getting sent off (doesn't happen enough in modern league), and for giving JT an inferiority complex.



OK, enough homoerotic pictures of league players. I had to limit to 4 the seemingly unlimited amount of shirtless pictures of players... Interestingly, looking up some great players of yesteryear - Baa Baa, Sterlo, Brett Mullins, Garry Belcher, Turvey... not a bare chest amongst them... is this what modern league stands for?

I've just had the thought that you could do the same to find the best players of league - those whose 5 pictures are all about League... let's try the last few of NSW captains...

Freddy



Joey



Danny



Kurt



Gidley wins by a fair margin (the next 50 pictures were all of similar action shots). He's not up to Origin standards, but by this method Gidley seems to be the greatest player in the modern game.

Til next week, go the 'Dogs...


No comments:

Post a Comment