Thursday, July 30, 2009

Clairvoyance 101 in Round 21

Sitting here at my desk, surrounded by complex technical papers, state of the art computing equipment, stunning carpark views and a cubic zirconium football, which I have dubbed Trusty Steeden, I foresee that it is time to foresee the results of this weekends games. With the help of Trusty Steeden, I can see into the future... past my leftover lunch... past my afternoon cuppa and an awesome, awesome chocolate croissant... to tonight's kickoff... and beyond.

Dragons v Storm
Dragons, you have a true sage at your side. All the things that have come to pass and all the things that will be, Zen Master Bennett sees right before him. This explains why he gives such bad press conferences - wouldn't you be distracted if you could see the past and future all at once? Storm by 32.

Titans v Cowboys
The Titans will lead at halftime... but after texting Neil Henry via Gus Gould in the sheds, JT will return a new man, and tear the Titans to pieces. I see a Titans player leaving the field with a dislocated windpipe. Titans by 1.

Raiders v Broncos
Trusty Steeden turns greeny brown when I try to see this game.

Knights v Roosters
I can see fireworks... violence... and romance! Sorry, I was looking too far, that's New Year's Eve. Knights to win by 16.

Panthers v Warriors
Expert tipsters can feel it in their pineal gland when a team playing below par is ready to bounce back. My pineal gland is sore. Warriors to win by a final score of 4 points to 0.

Sharks v Eels
The prophets speak of a man who will lead us all... who can dodge bullets... and eat fish heads... that man will lead the Eels to victory in this game. Eels 22 Sharks 14

Rabbitohs v Bulldogs
TrustySteeden doesn't like showing me things I don't want to see.

Tigers v Sea Eagles
Trusty Steeden tells me this is the game of the round in the way its cubic zirconium shines and glimmers. I foresee a final score of 28-26 but I cannot see who wins.

Also, Ben Barba will make a mercy dash to England to provide grief counselling to Phillip Hughes... Bring back Ben Barba...

5 comments:

  1. Storm by 32? You are showing a lot of faith in the Storm halves of Ringo Cronk and ol' Punctured Lung Finch (could we call him Stuart Sutcliffe?), considering the form of their opposite numbers.

    I have a prediction of my own. I predict Phillip Hughes, disillusioned by selectors who must go to the Tooley Daley School of Selection, will be persuaded by the excitement of the Karmichael Hunt switch and make a switch of his own, playing a starring role as the Blues halfback in State of Origin 2011. GM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't confuse Trusty Steeden's soothsaying for my tips. I don't always agree with it, but it's all I've got ever since I loaned my Magic 8 Ball to the Wolfman and he dropped it. Htime

    ReplyDelete
  3. A cubic football? Wouldn't that be painful to kick? So much these days is confusing to me.

    Storm by 32? Titans to lead at halftime? Well on second thoughts I suppose confusion is relative :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quote
    "Raiders v Broncos
    Trusty Steeden turns greeny brown when I try to see this game"

    Now that really was prophetic. Ivan Henjak turned exactly that colour when he tried to watch it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. C'mon SER8, where's your Tigers Sea Eagles prediction? Put your money where your mouth is and eat it. Htime

    ReplyDelete